torsdag 19 april 2018

STORAGE TIP AND 5 ART JOURNAL SPREADS



Hooray, it's a lovely almost summery Thursday, at least 20°. I think it's safe to say that spring finally arrived properly to the south of Sweden! Almost too hot to drink coffee..... Naaaawh, just kidding! The tub of vanilla coffee is next to me as usual!  😉

The Gorjuss lottery that I had on by blog last week was won by: Johanna BrÀcklein. Since there were no contestants from the blog itself the current time, I only announced it on Facebook.

For those who missed it; I will have more of this in the future on this blog!




Went for a walk yesterday by the sea and took some pictures. Loooovely blue sky!
Because I have such unstable joints, I walked backwards for a couple of hundred meters to 'save' my knees. If anyone saw me I wonder what they were thinking, haha ha! 'Well there's obviously a total nutjob...' !




Over to our wonderful hobby - crafting! What would we do without it?! Well I would fore sure be a nutcase then!!



Can't live without messing about with colors! Get happy just looking at my acrylic & tempera paints!




This African theme is 100% inspired by Umut Rados' Youtube video 'Mixed Media Art Journal Page', from August 12th last year. The background is made from a napkin. I love animals!




This spread was for a challenge. Gelatos in the background. The bird is a cutout from Daphne's Diary. The garden water pitcher is a Dutch stencil from Mitchell. Unfortunately the author behind the quote is unknown.




The background is made up from old clothes tags that I've saved. Background colors from Netto's tempera colors. Cutouts again from Daphne's. 
The green diecut to the right is Wild rose studios (bought it in Krakow). Pink lace heart to the left is Impression Obsession (Pysseltagen). The iron gate die is Tim Holtz (Pema).
Coffe themed stamps Czech Republic Razitka nové generace (bought at Davona in Prague).
Think you can guess where the cutouts come from!!



Did this yesterday, and it almost drove me crazy. Murphy's Law (= Lagen om Alltings Dj*vlighet) all the way through. Started using white extra soft pastels for the masking bit, which was not a good idea at all. Got rid of that and instead used white gelatos. Messed it up several times, and I don't know if it is ready yet. This card just annoys me!!  😠



Wish Jan, Feb and March would disappear all together, and that spring would be twice as long!

For a long time I've been thinking of organizing my Tim Holtz' dies, by throwing away the hard plastic packing, and gluing the picture on the die itself. 
Never got around to it until I saw a youtuber from Greece doing exactly that! Gave me the kick in the butt that I needed to get started.


I freakin' hate these plastic packaging. They also take up extra space in my cabinet. Good riddance!
Used my cutting machine to get the label into the right measure, and then used my tape runner to glue it to the die. Much better!




I hope you're having a sunny creative week.




Oh by the way; if you live in Sweden have you watch the Swedish/Danish dramathriller 'GrÄzon'?! It's on C More. Sooooo thrilling! The Danes are brilliant at making thrillers.




Take care
and happy crafting!

              Meja  💛







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar