tisdag 4 december 2018

5 XMAS CARDS & A MINIALBUM


Holy smokes! A little while ago I was out in the garden to fill up the feeders for the cute house sparrows and other tiny birds. 
A few minutes later I glanced out the window and spotted a bird of prey (rovfågel) on one of our garden chairs. Heeelp! Think it could've been a peregrine falcon (pilgrimsfalk). I've a phobia for big birds.....!! I sure hope it won't return!  😰

So the Christmas card craze has started. Wasn't sure that I would make any this year, but suddenly I felt like doing some (I don't do any if I feel stressed or pressured to do so). Felt like using up old stash, that sure feels good!


Some hot 'glögg' (mulled & spiced wine), tealights and Advent lights to get into the Christmas mood!

Glögg is a typical Swedish Christmas drink, with or without alcohol. It's much sweeter than glühwein, that is common in Germany and Austria. 
Glögg is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, clove, peppercorn and Seville orange. Most Swedes also have raisins and peeled almonds in the cup. It's delicious - especially when it's cold outside!


No snow here yet, this is from February this year

Over to some of the Xmas cards I've done so far.



Bought the baubles and bells in 2011 at Syzzla (shop closed)! The green embellishments & glitter tapes are from Netto. The mitten (tumvanten) is a die from American brand Scrapbooking Cottage (that I bought in Norway!).



Using papers that I've had forever. Cut the Santa out from an old Christmas decoration that my husband found in a box. Edge punches are from Swedish store Ica Maxi!




The transparency embellishment square is from JLC Memories, bought at HC Design in Svedala, Sweden.



This is the back of the card above. I do a little something on the other side of my cards, don't like to leave empty spaces! Sleigh die from Sizzix.



Christmas stocking from Netto. Background paper from Panduro.


This simple card is for a male cousin. I find it so much easier to make cards for females!


A while ago I sent a mini album to a friend who was going through really tough times.





Did the card some years ago at a class led by Marie Linder from Swedish craft store Skaparlusten. I no longer remember how to do the album..... 
Marie has a Youtube channel though; mariescrapbooking. She has got 156 videos on how to make amazing albums in all sizes, so I'm sure you'll find something you like amongst them all!!   😮





Are you done with all your Xmas cards? I'm not! I'll continue doing them as long as I find it enjoyable (one year I didn't do a single one!).



Pic taken Nov 22nd

Love the tiny 'fluffballs'! They've got a good appetite, they eat half a tube a day on each of the two seed feeders. We also have a pipe for tallowballs.   



Here in the south of Sweden there are seldom snow at Christmas unfortunately. It would be easier to really get into the Christmas spirit of things if there were snow outside. It usually falls three-four weeks after the holidays....!
Pic above taken at our cottage in February this year.

If you're a mother or a grandmother (or other!) and like to craft with children, have you seen the YT channel Emily's Small World? It's Marta Lapkowska's oldest daughter who started her own channel! Emily does Christmas decorations that everyone can make. It's also a really good way for the child to practice English. Check it out!



This is me on February 17th this year


Thank you very much for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope you're having a very cozy and snug December!

All the best & happy crafting! 




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar